At Resolve, we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties
and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). Resolve respects your privacy
and is committed to protecting your personal information.
applies to all of our Services that link to it.
1. Information Collected by Resolve.
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services.
Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to identify you when combined with other data.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name,
contact information, payment information, details about your home or properties you are interested in, financial information. This may occur,
for example, when you register on the Services, upload your license information, cv, cover letters, or other personal information via the Services,
or complete other forms or transactions, such as a request for employment by an employer. We may combine this information with other information
we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
Some information you provide through the Services is collected and processed by third parties on our behalf. For example, when you order products
or services through the Services, we may need to collect your credit or debit card information. This information is collected and processed by
third-party payment processors.
Cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect information automatically when you
access and use the Services, including cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be
transferred to your computer or other electronic device to uniquely identify your browser. When you use the Services, we and our partners may place
one or more cookies on your computer or other electronic device or use other technologies that provide similar functionality. We and our partners may
which is most interesting to you, tracking trends, measuring the effectiveness of advertising, or storing information you may want to retrieve on a regular
instructions related to your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies, many of the free features of the Services will not operate properly.
The pages on the Services may also include web beacons or pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity
over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic
device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or
Internet Protocol address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on the pages of the Services where you view a certain advertisement so that we can track
whether you visit a website associated with that advertisement at a later time.
- Third-party cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We work with service providers and advertising networks to track and manage cookie
information and your activities while you're using the Services and your online activities over time and across different websites and devices. For example,
- Mobile device and mobile browser information. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain
information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, Resolve may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with
location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
- Usage logs. We collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address
and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services,
such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Communication/Messages. Communication between you and Resolve, or between you and third parties made through Resolve (such as an employer whom you
connect with through our Services), may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes.
- Social networks. If you use the social networking connection functions offered through the Services, we may access all of your social network profile
social network account to manage the information that is shared through your account.
2. How Resolve Uses Your Information
Resolve generally uses the information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, including to:
- provide and deliver the Services, process transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Resolve and others, and provide
news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Resolve and others;
- personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Email Management. You may receive email from Resolve for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the
Services, you signed up for a regular report, or an employer sent you a message. If you have an account with Resolve, you can select your
preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions
included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you
with important transactional or administrative information.
3. When Resolve Shares and Discloses Your Information
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your information that identifies you personally. We will only share personal
information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. When you consent or direct Resolve to share the personal information. This happens when you submit your
information through our Services. For example, if you choose to contact an employer, your name, phone number, email address, and message
content will appear to the recipient of the message.
- Service providers to Resolve. When Resolve hires a service provider to help operate the Services or our business, Resolve may
Resolve always remains responsible for the privacy of your personal information that is shared with service providers.
- Partners with whom we conduct business. When Resolve partners with other businesses to offer products and services, we may share
- Legal obligation or protection from harm. When When Resolve has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of
information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request,
concerns, (d) support auditing and compliance functions, or (e) protect the rights, property, or safety of Resolve, its users, or the public against harm.
- Business transfers. If and when Resolve is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may share your personal information in connection with
Resolve may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Interest-Based Advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising. This means that when you use the Services, we or third party service providers or advertisers may
(including mobile applications) or your online activities over time and across different websites and devices. Collected information may include
the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, and the website that referred you to the Services, and this information may be
associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol (IP) address. These practices help tailor advertisements that are relevant
and useful to you. These tailored advertisements may appear on the Services or on other websites, applications or properties.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored
advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar tools.
5. Third-Party Links and Websites
Throughout the Services, we may link to the websites of other companies and/or individuals. Further, certain functionalities on the Services may involve
the distribution of your listing information to third-party websites. These third-party websites may collect information about users on those websites,
their privacy policies.
6. Security and Retention of Information
Resolve takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest.
However, no transmission of information via the Internet nor electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to Resolve in your account profile by logging into your account on the relevant Resolve Service.
We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records.
7. Transfer of Information to the United States
Resolve is based in the United States and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing
information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as
you do under local law.
8. Government and Private Party Information Requests
Resolve occasionally receives various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Resolve users. Before we produce
information, we will attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would
create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
9. Contacting Resolve
We will provide notice of material changes to the policy, either by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or some other reasonable method.